The past year has been my best so far. It was crazy, productive, and unpredictable to say the least. Filled with travels, business struggles and successes, new relationships, life changing lessons, and unique adventures – it’s been unforgettable. But it’s also just the foundation for the rest of my life of freedom, passion, and purpose.
How it started:
I started 2012 with my best month to that point, doing about $6,000 in revenue that month. I set a goal to do $10,000 in February, and fell short of that goal by just a couple hundred dollars – but it was good enough for me. I felt like I had my first 5 figure month, and used that as momentum to do it every month since, building a 6 figure business in 2012. Given my goals at the time, this was exactly what I striving for. But now, it seems so minuscule in light of my new purpose-driven goals and vision for the coming years.
The best thing I did to start my year was fill out the scholarship for Underground … just a few hours before the deadline. I was accepted. I was excited. But I didn’t realize just how much that event would change my life.
At Underground, after meeting a ton of cool people and entrepreneurs I’ve been learning from for years online, I got to meet Yanik Silver. We found we both had a strong affinity for young entrepreneurs and for changing the world through entrepreneurship. It wasn’t long after that Yanik became my mentor – and I’d have to say getting involved with Maverick was the catalyst for so many of my unique life experiences this past year, and has created the foundation for the coming decades of impact.
I’ll have to dedicate another post to my unfolding ‘Maverick story’ and my love affair with the brand, the people, and the creation of the Maverick EcoVerse.
The Year In Review…
Trips and Travels:
- Austin – Leverage Summit
- DC – Underground Online Seminar 8
- Daytona – vacation
- Dallas – GKIC Superconference
- Austin – Equity Investors Network
- NYC – Maverick Dangerous Dinner + Multiplier day
- Washington DC for Co-Creation Event
- Park City for Maverick Family Freedom event, then Salt Lake City
- NYC – Maverick Mayhem event at a haunted hotel
- San Diego, OC, LA – vacation with friends
- Las Vegas – vacation with friends + RSD World Summit
- Austin – Maverick Multiplier Day + Dinner at John Paul Dejoria’s ranch + checking out apartments
- Nashville – GKIC InfoSummit + jail (another post coming later on the ‘jail’ lol)
- Maui – Nick and Amber’s wedding
- Mexico – Maverick M3 Summit
My 3 Biggest Discoveries of 2012:
- Putting the right people in the right seats (still working on it) including myself: Focus on leveraging personal strengths and passions vs. generic success principles
- I’m here to co-create something game changing through entrepreneurship
- Rejuvenation through unique experiences drives me forward
3 Most Memorable Experiences of 2012:
- Mayan rituals in Mayan village
- Intense mountain biking in Park City, Utah
- Spending the night in Nashville County Jail
So many more to name, from hot air ballooning in Park City to watching the meteor shower in Maui and many more. It’s hard to choose a top 3.
My 3 Biggest Mistakes of 2012:
- Taking on too many project and clients with too few resources. I was looking for my kryptonite and found it.
- Undervaluing my own time and over-estimating others
- Asking the Nashville bartender for water, then trusting the police there lol (another post, coming soon!)
However, I don’t really mind the mistakes, as they led me to today, and each has held an important lesson or experience for me.
I also met some really amazing people this past year. In addition to all the inspiring entrepreneurs in Maverick1000, I’ve had the opportunity to meet Tim Ferriss right here in Boston (I’ve been a long time fan, as Tim’s 4 Hour Work Week was a major source of education and inspiration for my current life), and John Paul Dejoria (found of Paul Mitchell Hair System, Patron Tequila, and more) at his ranch near Austin, TX.
Single best decision of 2012: filling out the scholarship application for Underground Online Seminar 8.
I’ll write another post in the next few days on my goals, upcoming plans, and what I’m most excited about for 2013.
To everyone who’s been there with me through this journey over the past year, thank you. I have such a big list of people to thank for making this past year possible.
To everyone who’s sticking with me or joining me for an even crazier ride for 2013, I look forward to an incredible journey with incredible people!
Leave a Reply